Check Status of Events

Communication of Changes to Chapter Events

The safety of all participants is our primary concern, severe weather conditions ( e.g., thunderstorms, snow, ice, algae bloom) and other safety issues may cause events to be cancelled or rescheduled. Most times we do not know until the day of the event. The event coordinators and the TU Chapter Leadership will make a decision on changing the status of the event and post it in several areas in a timely fashion prior to the event. If you are notified of an event change please contact those that you intend to meet at the event and make sure they are updated on the changes as well.

Event Volunteers/Vendors:

Expect an email and phone call or text msg from event coordinators

Event Participants check these the day of the Event:

Check your Email ( if you are a Chapter Member or Supporter with a registered email in our Mailchimp system)

Check the Chapter Calendar

Check the Chapter Facebook Page

Check the Chapter Website for Check Status of Events

COVID-19: Steps TU National is Taking

Dear Volunteer Leaders:

I want to tell you about the actions we are taking to avoid and mitigate against the spread of, and exposure to, COVID-19.

First, because a TU staff person had a tertiary exposure to someone infected with the novel coronavirus, we have asked all national office staff to tele-work until March 23. The TU staff person is not exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19, but the national office is closed, and will be thoroughly cleaned before staff return to the office on March 23.

All non-essential work travel is cancelled until April 3. We will reassess the travel restrictions after April 3. We have asked staff who come into contact with people who have been exposed to, or are experiencing symptoms of, COVID-19 to alert our COO, and to work from home for two weeks to minimize the risk of spreading the virus. We also asked the staff to consider postponing all staff gatherings until April 3.

Working with volunteer leaders, we made the decision to postpone each of the TU Regional Rendezvous that had been scheduled for the spring and early summer. Anyone who has registered will be provided a full refund, and we will be in touch shortly when we book new dates for these important events. As of now, our Annual Meeting in August remains on the schedule, but this could change as new information becomes available.

I realize that the spring is a favorite time for banquets and other TU gatherings, but I strongly urge you to consider postponing them and even chapter meetings until we get a better handle on the best ways to minimize exposure to COVID-19.

Here is what the Center for Disease Control says:

“Older adults and people who have severe underlying chronic medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at a higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness. People who are at higher risk are encouraged to avoid crowds as much as possible.”

Please feel free to contact me or your volunteer operations staff if you have any questions.

Thanks for all that you do for Trout Unlimited.

All my best,


Chris Wood / President and CEO / c: 571-274-0601

Trout Unlimited